Musings of a Woman Exploring the Vintage Magic in our Lives

January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve Glam

The one thing I notice about people now is the concerted effort seemingly put on not dressing up. It doesn't mean that everyone should wear a dress or suit and tie to the mall..although many of us vintage gals do just that complete with a hat and gloves. Nevertheless, New Year's Eve gives us all a little excuse to glam it up a bit even if it's going out to dinner or to a friend's house for some cheer and good times.
This year I was fortunate enough to find a fabulous vintage gown from Vogue Vintage in Vancouver, B.C..
It is a late 60s/early 70s silver black glittery lurex fabric maxi dress with a matte slipper satin sailor collar with a plunging neckline and filigree jewel piece. I love this because I didn't require any other accessories other than a fun faux diamond bracelet.
Going out for dinner was fun because Dean and I were about the youngest couple there and most were dressed quite casually. I couldn't help but wonder if they had dressed up with a hat and gloves when they were young and it was actually the look!
Happy New Year to everyone !!!

Can't forget out the red lipstick and eyeliner! I discovered the perfect eyeliner pen that creates that Cat's Eye sweep too!
Dress~Vogue Vintage
Bracelet~Claire's

2 comments:

  1. You are one fabulous lady! I love seeing my finds on people so much! Thanks for posting the link to my wall, what a great New Years surprise! All the Best for 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vogue Vintage is a excellent, vintage shop that fuels my vintage clothing addiction!! Watch for the FAB coat I bought from you next!!!Thanks so much for wonderful comments!xoxo

    ReplyDelete