Musings of a Woman Exploring the Vintage Magic in our Lives

January 29, 2012

My Secret Room~Shabby Chic Office Before and After

During the ongoing transformations that have been occurring in my house during the last several months, I have never been more happy than with my new 'reflection' room / office. This room has always been difficult to first a) define what it should be b) decorate it. It is a north facing room that is often dark despite the big picture window and patio doors at either end. It was the original garage to the house at one point (obviously people had smaller cars in the 1940s!) and was renovated into a room. It has been used a t.v. room, office and most recently my vintage clothing storeroom. It was at this point that I had to gain control and make this room  into what is was destined for~ a room that I could relax in, enjoy my garden, entertain friends with coffee, read and still maintain a small home office.

I couldn't be more pleased with the results! I chose a wonderful purple grey colour inspired by an floral ottoman I found at a yard sale in the summer, paired with white wicker, Ikea furniture and vintage pictures, it is perfect! See for yourself!
Room Notes:
Painter, Contractor, All around Ikea Wizard: Michael Bush Hall, Simcoe, ON
Paint Colour: 'Slip' Benjamin Moore
Bookcase: Billy Bookcase and Doors Ikea
Lounge: Ektorp Ikea
Endtable : Waterford Antique Market
White Wicker Chair: Yard Sale
Art: Ikea


This lounge is soooo comfortable and this room is so cozy on a snowy day!

Antique bustform from Heritage Lane in St. Williams, ON and vintage pics of my Grandmother and Dad and I !


A soon to be listed antique book from 1897!

My office~
vintage shabby chic chair: Southworks Antique Market, Cambridge, ON
Wicker Desk: Yard sale
White Shelf: Ikea Levesik

No comments:

Post a Comment